Japanese Media Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ansatsusha_gouki

ansatsusha_gouki

Birthday : 1980-02-17

Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017   Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Oxygen11Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 E9651195a458aa3090ce3e725c8bf71a1459255625_full

According to Daily Cyzo, a Japanese entertainment publication, a live-action film adaptation of Hiromu Arakawa's action-fantasy manga Fullmetal Alchemist is currently in development with plans for a 2017 release.

Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 4a42b13b94b95e4717a6efa0dadd7cb91459256235_full

Fumihiko Sori (Ping PongAshita no Joe) will direct the film, while Hey! Say! JUMP member Ryosuke Yamada (Nagisa in the live-action Assassination Classroom films) will star as Edward Elric. Filming is scheduled to run from June to August of 2016 in Italy. The production will make heavy use of CGI to recreate the fantastic elements of the comic, such as Alphonse Elric's armor.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/03/29-1/live-action-fullmetal-alchemist-film-works-its-magic-in-2017
Back to top Go down
ansatsusha_gouki

ansatsusha_gouki

PostSubject: Re: Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017   Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Oxygen11Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:36 pm

I hope the movie is good.
Back to top Go down
Sour Puss

Sour Puss

PostSubject: Re: Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017   Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Oxygen11Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Ive not watched this Anime. I will have to check it out. Im not really fond of anything with Mech's or heavy action related. And i also like pretty artwork,which means all of the old anime looks to naff for me to watch.

I reckon because of Attack on Titan getting it's live action,an i assume it had success, i think the box office results were good for the first part.Many more anime's will try and cash in on that. Which isn't a bad thing,but it's very hard to recreate an anime into film. Sometimes it works and has a better result.

The girl who lept through time is an example where i preferred the live action to the animted film.
Back to top Go down
ansatsusha_gouki

ansatsusha_gouki

PostSubject: Re: Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017   Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Oxygen11Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:22 pm

Full Metal Alchemist is more of a steampunk anime,but it does have action ,but not too heavy on it though.

I will highly recommend you FMA:Brotherhood,since it follows the manga very closely.The original series that came,before it is close to manga,but it drifts off on its own.Brotherhood was better than the original series,due to it being so close to the manga...imo.

As,for the Attack on Titan live action movie,the second part wasn't all the good to more,but I did like the first one though.

I haven't seen "The Girl Who Lept in Time" in a minute,I need to see it again and watch the live action movie,afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Sour Puss

Sour Puss

PostSubject: Re: Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017   Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Oxygen11Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Im not really into steamPunk things.I can be super picky when it comes to the look of animes.

Did you read the Manga before watching or read it after the anime?

I did enjoy the first film,not seen the second all the way through and i don't think i will bother. Like i wrote way back last year when the news about the film came out,the franchise for me is overrated.

I just felt the Anime Film didn't have as deep of an emotional connection. I love emotional stuff,just pulls you in more. When i was younger id go for the action and horror but when i got into my mid 20s and started watching korean films,every film i chose blindly always ended up being really emotional and always gave me a great experience. :cry2:
Back to top Go down
ansatsusha_gouki

ansatsusha_gouki

PostSubject: Re: Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017   Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Oxygen11Sat May 07, 2016 1:11 am

I read the manga when Brotherhood came out,but eventually finished it,before the anime ended.But,I saw the original series,before I read the manga though.

I was too lazy to read the manga and when Brotherhood came out I decided to read it... lol

EDIT:Who knew this is my 100th post..
Back to top Go down
Sour Puss

Sour Puss

PostSubject: Re: Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017   Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Oxygen11Sat May 07, 2016 11:57 am

The only issue when there is a manga,anime,light novel,live action for a series is which one to look at first. Because each one can change your view.Same with novels that get made into films too.

Battle Royale is an example when i watched the film first then read the novel and found i liked the novel more and was annoyed at some of the things they changed in the film.

It's the same for Manga and anime,i always see people complaining about an anime because it wasn't like the Manga. But for me i will always say an animie will be better than any Manga, simply because there just isn't much of a story involved in a manga.The story can't be fleshed it out because there's just a few words per page.

Congratulations on the 100th Post. :Grin: That went by fast,the last time i looked you only had 70 or so. I guess i could of set something up when people reached 100 post. Didn't think!
Back to top Go down
ansatsusha_gouki

ansatsusha_gouki

PostSubject: Re: Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017   Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Oxygen11Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:09 am

Here is the teaser trailer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017   Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017 Oxygen11

Back to top Go down

Live-Action "Fullmetal Alchemist" Film Works Its Magic in 2017
Page 1 of 1