Japanese Media Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book Girl light novels

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sour Puss

Sour Puss

Book Girl light novels Empty
PostSubject: Book Girl light novels   Book Girl light novels Oxygen11Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Click For cover Pictures:

Quote :
For Tohko Amano, a third-year high school student and self-styled “book girl,” being the head of the literary club is more than just an extracurricular activity. It’s her bread and butter…literally! Tohko is actually a literature-gobbling demon, who can be found at all hours of the day munching on torn out pages from all kinds of books. But for Tohko, the real delicacies are hand-written stories. To satisfy her gourmet tastes, she’s employed (rather, browbeaten) one Konoha Inoue, who scribbles away each day after school to satisfy Tohko’s appetite.

(Im currently reading through the 5th book.)

When i first came across the series i really had no idea what to expect,i was looking for some Japanese light novels,curious to see what light novels represented.(I'm still unsure now,my understanding of a light novel is keeping the page number in the 200 page mark and including Manga style drawings occasional though the books.)
Seeing the title of the first book *Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime* i was pulled in by the thought of a deep dark morbid story but light hearted at times just like an anime.An Anime in book form is exactly how these books read for me.As i read i envision anime charters,helped on by the few drawings you come across.

Now some could say the primary audience are teenagers, more specifically teen girls.But at no point as a 30-31 year old Male did i feel that when reading.If you watch anime and all kinds of anime,then i wouldn't see you feeling that either.      

From the intro for the books you wouldn't be wrong in feeling a little put off.
The concept of someone eating pages from books sounds preposterous based in a real world setting.I honestly nearly put the first book ( Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime )down as that came apparent.
It just boggled my mind,i was left feeling confused at that imagine and the question of(Is she actually a goblin? Arouse)

I pushed forward and continued reading,and im glad that i did because as the book transcends further, the story takes on elements of a mystery. And each book followers the same path. Disguised on the surface as a school story about Tohko Amano, a girl with the uncanny desire to eat books, it hides a darker nature that actively lurks beneath the surface of every page. 
The book begins by introducing us to our narrator and protagonist Konoha Inoue, a high school student who wrote a best selling novel in middle school under a female pen name but whose popularity and secrecy drove him to the edge causing him to never want to write again. Now, ironically, he finds himself in a book club run by his Tohko Amano, a girl one year his senior. And what task does President Tohko demand of Konoha? To write short stories. Why? Because Tohko has a bit of a secret herself. She eats books, literally, and she loves handwritten ones the best. However, one day, when a young first year student comes to the club seeking help with a relationship, things go from strange to the downright bizarre. As the truth is gradually unveiled, several characters will be forced to look deep inside of themselves, and what they find might be deadly.

If I had to pinpoint what the central theme of this novel was, it would have to be the human soul. Throughout the story readers are assaulted with different people all sharing some sort of issue in regard to their souls. These defects are of the extreme variety and take a hard long look at human disparity.

Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime” is a gripping read filled with plot twists that will surprise and entertain readers till the very end and each book follows that pattern.
However, the feeling of discomfort is, in the end, positive for the readers, forcing them to reflect on the powerful themes of uncertainty and hope that the book has presented to them. They will hopefully come to see that though the falling sun may cause us to find ourselves lost in the growing darkness, the one thing we can hold strong to is the thought that the sunrise is just beyond the horizon.
Back to top Go down

Book Girl light novels
Page 1 of 1