Japanese Media Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games your Playing.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sour Puss

Sour Puss

Games your Playing.  Empty
PostSubject: Games your Playing.    Games your Playing.  Oxygen11Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Ive been Playing.

Modded Skyrim
Rome 2
Tomb Raider
The evil Within

Waiting for a steam sale for Alien: Isolation. Just picked up The evil within on sale for £12. Three days later it goes back to £35.You gotta love steams crazy deals.
Back to top Go down
geesehoward4life

geesehoward4life

Birthday : 1971-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Games your Playing.    Games your Playing.  Oxygen11Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:27 am

I am playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11
Back to top Go down
Sour Puss

Sour Puss

PostSubject: Re: Games your Playing.    Games your Playing.  Oxygen11Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:05 pm

Took a look at that game, looks like a strategy game.Would of been fun to play back in the day on ps2. I find it hard to go back and play old games. A shame really. The only strategy game i played on the consoles was command and conquer on the Ps1.

Does the Three Kingdoms 11 have a similar game style to that?
Back to top Go down
geesehoward4life

geesehoward4life

PostSubject: Re: Games your Playing.    Games your Playing.  Oxygen11Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:22 pm

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!??!? Romance 11 is definitely a PS2 game & it's one of the main reasons why I still have my PS2! Even as I am typing this now the game is sitting and I've been typing on the book and just listening to the music and going about my business. I LOVE strategy games! It might be like Command and Conquer, but I'm not really familiar with that game. This one though, Romance 11 is THE BEST OF THE SERIES.

It took out the really boring parts of the previous ones and sped up the pacing and added more parts where you have to interact, like in the duels. I am really hoping that my books sell well-enough for me to get into developing video games so that I can make more enjoyable versions of Romance 11. In Romance 11 you either make up your own officers to conquer China or you pick one of any number of historical warlords during that time and then you can assign officers to your force or to computer forces. Then you pick the level of difficulty, DEATH RATE for duels and such! Say for instance you select an officer to lead an army of cavalry and they have a LOW LEADERSHIP SCORE. Leadership determines the defense ability of an officer and cavalry forces have the highest ability to flat out KILL YOUR OFFICERS!

So if you use a cavalry charge tactic against someone who has low leadership there is a higher chance that they will end up getting killed when they get hit with the charge! This also increases if the officer doing the charge has a high WAR SCORE. 100 is the top score for all officer abilities. And each officer has a GRADE for what kind of troops they can lead. S-class is the highest grade, which means when you have that you can use all the tactics that that particular class of troop has. I could go on forever, but the fun thing about Romance 11 is that it is detailed BUT NOT COMPLICATED!

So you can really GET INTO IT QUICK! But you honestly have to be able to lay out your cities correctly so you don't run out of food, don't run out of gold! You have to recruit troops and buy armaments, BUT YOU ONLY HAVE A CERTAIN NUMBER OF ACTION POINTS TO DO ALL OF THIS. You can save up action points by skipping turns and you can develop techniques to increase the abilities of your faction, I LOVE IT!
Back to top Go down
Sour Puss

Sour Puss

PostSubject: Re: Games your Playing.    Games your Playing.  Oxygen11Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:44 am

It's seems it's a little more complicated than just having a battle then?
Back to top Go down
geesehoward4life

geesehoward4life

PostSubject: Re: Games your Playing.    Games your Playing.  Oxygen11Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:56 pm

It is and that is why I LOVE IT! You have to build up your city and keep track of your gold and food and then buy the armaments for your armies. But you can't buy anything if you haven't built a smith to be able to build weaponry. You need to pay for the smith to be built and it takes a certain amount of time, so you need officers with top-notch Political Scores & Intelligence Scores or it will take forever to build things. I ALWAYS set the computer setting to Expert, where they tell you up front that the computer WILL CHEAT AND WILL ALWAYS ATTACK YOU WHENEVER IT GETS THE CHANCE! It's PERFECT TRAINING FOR LIVING IN 'MERICA! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WHERE EVERYONE CHEATS AND ATTACKS YOU FIRST! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Seriously though, my surrogate son had a copy of the game and he always fancied himself as a strategist and all of that, so I remember him finally QUITTING! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Because he got tired of constantly running out of supplies and since he would never lay out his cities right, they never had enough food! And while IN TODAY'S TIMES people are MISLEAD TO BELIEVE THAT MONEY IS WHAT MATTERS, NAH CHIEF! IT'S FOOD!

In today's modern times we take advantage of how "easily accessible" food is, well? Romance 11 is set in the 190's of China! And in this game you run out of food? Troops will abandon you! Your city can run out of food which will cause mass amounts of your recruited troops to bail on you, because you can't even keep food in their bellies! He was never able to understand that he needed to build more farms and pay attention to the harvest ratio of the cities he would have AS WELL AS, the ones he would burn up resources trying TO TAKE!

The game is SIMPLISTIC, but complex. So terrain matters. Making sure you have the right equipment. Making sure you INVEST in the right technique advancements. But while the game is simplistically-complex, it is fast-paced enough and not TOO COMPLEX that the next person I am going to get to sit down and play it is my biological son, where my ex-wife constantly says "He's just like you. Always figuring things out and asking questions and finding ways to get answers whether I give them to him or not!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! ^_^!!!!! THAT'S MY BOY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games your Playing.    Games your Playing.  Oxygen11

Back to top Go down

Games your Playing.
Page 1 of 1